Library Meeting Room
The Liberty Lake Library has one meeting room that may be reserved by not-for-profit and community serving organizations. The Meeting Room can accommodate up to 39 people. It is equipped with a media projector, DVD/VHS player, audio system including CD player and PA, white board, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher, and sink. A laptop computer can be provided for use with prior arrangement. Banquet tables and folding chairs are available.
Note that library and city-sponsored events have priority for room scheduling.
Criteria for Using the Meeting Room:
- All meetings must be free.
- The meeting room is available for not-for-profit and community serving organizations, with priority given to those from Liberty Lake.
- Permission to use the Library meeting room will be denied to any organization and/or meeting that is:
- Primarily social (i.e. birthday, anniversary and other parties, receptions & banquets)
- Commercial (i.e. engaging in commercial activities (buying or selling), the direct promotion of commercial services as part of the meeting for monetary gain, or informational meetings representing the product or services of one (1) company)
- Library and City-sponsored programs take precedence and will be given preference in scheduling.
- Reservations for meeting room space are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Meetings will be listed on the library’s online calendar as “Room Reserved” for internal scheduling purposes. The library will not provide any additional information about the meeting or group.
Use of the Meeting Room:
- Reservations do not indicate a city-sponsored event.
- Meeting room users must adhere to any posted room capacities and follow all library and city policies and ordinances. Permission to use the rooms includes ordinary use of the furniture and fixtures, including tables and chairs.
- Meeting room users cannot store personal items and equipment in the room. Users are responsible for bringing their own supplies. Light refreshments may be served, but meal preparation is not allowed.
- Furniture and room setup are the responsibility of the group using the room.
- Users are responsible for cleaning up and restoring the room to its original condition before leaving. Food and garbage must be removed unless other arrangements are approved prior to use of the room.
- The library assumes no liability for theft or damage to property brought onto library property or for injury which occurs as a result of actions of sponsors or participants in activities.
- Failure to follow library and city policies and ordinances may result in loss of room privileges. While the Library does not require a fee for use of its meeting room, a cleaning/maintenance fee may be charged if the room is left in unsatisfactory condition.